Meet Annie! She swallowed what?!
This beautiful girl is Annie!
And this is Annie's story:
Annie's owner came home and noticed she wasn't acting like her normal self: not interested in food, hiding, seemed extra tired, and cried every time she was picked up. Her x-rays revealed that Annie had swallowed a needle! We hospitalized Annie and started her on IV fluids. Ultimately, she ended up passing the needle (and 18 inches of thread 😳) in a bowel movement! Annie was sent home under strict observation and thankfully made a full recovery! 😊
You may think swallowing a needle would be counter-intuitive, but it's actually a fairly common mishap many cats find themselves in. It's so important to listen to what your animals are telling you in their behavior! Luckily for Annie her owner was listening 😸
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Get in touch
4268 Three Mile NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49534
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
After hour emergency consultations are available to clients of record until 10:00 pm. Our main line will direct to the doctor on call.